Welcome to Voter Coach, a weekly feature during football season. At Pollspeak, we have historically pointed out concerns with polls and ballots after the fact. The goal of Voter Coach is to try to help voters before they turn in their ballots.
We’ll post a new Voter Coach each Saturday evening, ideally after all the biggest games are played, but before the ballots need to be turned in. Voter Coach will point out some significant events of the current, past and upcoming weeks that voters should take into consideration when filling out their ballots. We’ll keep them quick in order to make the ballot deadlines. In some cases we may update Voter Coach throughout the day as games are completed. We’ll also do our best to TWEET the points that can fit nicely into 140 characters. So voters, check here before you turn in your ballots each week.
A final note: we aren’t trying to make voters conform to some standard. It’s called Voter COACH, not Voter DICTATOR. Instead, the goal is to raise awareness of some issues (generally just by asking questions) and let the voters make an informed decision on their own. Feel free to e-mail us suggestions:
Voter Coach – Oct. 29, 2011
- No. 5. Clemson (8-1) lost to Georgia Tech (7-2) 17 to 31. However, Clemson beat No. 12 Virginia Tech (8-1) on Oct. 1st. Which team will you rank higher, the Tigers or the Hokies?
- No. 11 Michigan State and No. 15 Wisconsin both received their second loss this week. Michigan State beat Wisconsin 37 to 31 at home on Oct. 22nd. If you rank these teams, which one will you rank higher?
- Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Baylor all have three losses this year. Texas A&M beat both Texas Tech and Baylor. The Red Raiders and Bears haven't played yet, but each have an impressive win this season. If you rank these teams, which one will you rank highest?
Top 25 Matchups of Note Next Week:
- Alabama plays LSU on Saturday, Nov. 5th. Is the team you rank higher this week the team you think will win that matchup?
- South Carolina plays Arkansas on Saturday, Nov. 5th. Is the team you rank higher this week the team you think will win that matchup?